Wednesday 12 June 2013

Paneer -Malbar spinach(basale soppu) masala recipe

Actually I wanted to prepare palak paneer.But my palak stock was over.So I thought of preparing it with Malbar spinach or basale soppu.I don't like spices much.So I prepared it in my own way .If you like this please let me know.This basale Malbar spinach is very tasty leafy vegetable.It is bit slimy.So I used tamarind.

Required ingredients

Paneer:50 grams
Basale soppu/Malbar spinach leaves:1 fist full
Salt:to taste
Jaggery(optional):to taste
Tamarind;size of a small grape
Cinnamon:1 inch size
Cloves:2-3
Pepper:5-6 grains
Cardamom:1 clove
Onion(chopped):1
Raisins and cashews:1/4 cup
Ghee:4 tsp

How to prepare Paneer-Malbar spinach masala

Paneer -Malbar spinach masala
Wash and cook Malbar spinach with salt,jaggery and tamarind.
When it is cool grind it  with Cinnamon,clove,cardamom and pepper and keep it aside.
In a thick bottomed pan heat ghee and fry raisins and cashews and keep them aside.
Heat ghee in a pan ,add chopped onions and fry them.
Add  Malbar spinach mix to it and boil.
Add small cubes of paneer and boil for 1 minute.
When it is thick put off the fire.
Garnish with fried cashews and raisins.
Serve with chapati /paratha/dosa.
Note:While boiling you can add cream or milk to make it more tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
JM7VZVK2PQVC