Banana halwa is one of the best sweet .This will last for few days.This will be little hard like chocolate.You can chew one piece for few minutes.Any ripened banana can be used for this halwa. But' Nendra' which is famous in kerala gives good colour and taste to the halwa.
Ghee :1/2 cup
Cardamom powder:1/2 tsp
How to prepare banana Halwa
- Apply ghee to a plate and keep it aside.
- Peel the bananas and mash them.Heat it in a thick bottomed pan.
- You have to fry them in lo flame till they are well cooked and turns brown.
- Once it is cooked add jaggery and stirr continuously with out leaving hand.Add ghee when ever it is sticky.Add cardamom powder and cashews.
- Stirring should be continued till it forms a hard lump and starts separating from the sides of the pan.
- Transfer it to pre greased plate and spread it evenly with a spoon.
- When it is cool cut them in desired shape.